In the 1966 spaghetti western The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Clint Eastwood as Blondie (or, The Man with No Name), says to Tuco, played by Eli Wallach: “In this world there’s two kinds of people: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.”
It’s a common trope: “There’s two kinds of people in the world: Those who — and you can fill in the rest. For example:
- Those who are PC; and those who are MAC.
- Those who give; and those who take.
- Those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world; and those who don’t.
- Those who wear masks in public; and those who don’t.
- Those who hate Trump; and those who love him.
- Those from red states and those from blue states.
- Those whose minds are set like a Home Depot post in Quikrete cement; and —